3 Feb 2006


"Let's all meet up in the year 2000, won't it funny when we're all fully grown?"


I've never been one for contemplating the future much, just go with the flow it's all predetermined anyway so why struggle against the tide? But I remember a conversation we had in our little village many many years ago "What would we all be doing when we were 31 in the year 2000"? Funny how it seemed so far away in 1980, I'm pretty certain that nowhere in the conversation at any point did one of us opine that they'd spend thier friday night cleaning the grout in the bathroom. Maybe this is what Pete Townsend meant when he wrote the lyrics "I hope I die before I get old." He had a vision that he'd trade in the desert boots and 3 button suits for cardigan and carpet slippers. Wish I'd have had that vision maybe I'd have rode my bike down the crumbling cliffs one more time? I've missed my turn off in life and gone up a side alley and turned into Seymour Skinner (only without the mother). I'm hoping that along with 700 millions other people that I win the Euro lottery and can afford someone to clean the grout for me. Mind you for that money you could get whole new bathroom tile grout, no no let's not go mad here. I'll be cleaning under the fridge next......Rock and roll.

Tonights posts are The Who at Woodstock '69 including the Abby Hoffmann incident, I like the bootleg as it's loud and just how the Who should be. Just watch out for the brown acid maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan bummer, bummer. The second is a repost of The Specials First album from yesterday because somebody complained about it. I mean who complains? Is it some cyber nosey old lady twitching her e-curtains and calling the i-police?

http://rapidshare.de/files/12410513/Woodstock69.rar.html The Who
http://rapidshare.de/files/12486757/CHS-TT1.rar.html The Specials

3 comments:

chp said...

I'd like to know BEFORE downloading: The who file, it's audio or video?
Thanx for your help.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Audio, I've yet to find a good enough quality video to share.

Groovin' Dan said...

Wow, that Who boot is a monster! I'd never heard the whole Woodstock set before; thanks for posting it. Got any other live 'Oo, then?