30 Apr 2006

"Broken glass everywhere People pissin' on the stairs, you know they just don't care I can't take the smell, can't take the noise Got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice Rats in the front room, roaches in the back Junkies in the alley with a baseball bat."





Those lines just remind me of the borough where I work sooooo much (at this point cut to several shots of my colleagues all nodding in agreement). Don't make me go back please lottery gods, I'm just checking numbers ... Dear Lottery gods fuck you. I'm hoping that there's a point to my life and I'll zap out of my Job just like Quantum Leap as soon as the point is realised.
You'll find my email address in my new and improved profile ... well I've changed the books I like a bit, just email if you want any reposts of the music I've put up or you have requests. May take a night or two as I don't always check the inbox.
Todays posts are the cds I went and treated myself to you (open letter to bank manager ... fuck you!) We have the Beat - Platinum Collection. Stax Gold Singles 1968 -74 which I've just bought I've been downloading shit loads of different music this past week or two. Hip hop, garage, dance, ambient, Soul, 80's, punk, New wave, psycobilly, rockabilly, even country music (accidentally I might add), that was in a compilation songs about cars. This coupled with the excellent weather we had recently you could almost believe you were cruising the boulevards of California, then you wake up and realise you are in fact on a bus full of tourists heading towards a usually rainy British seaside town. I was in fact heading out to buy some vinyl and a pre amp for my turntable soI could rip some great 12"s by the Beat only to find that my stylus has decided to break and send the tone arm skating across the black platter. Not even the usual trick of putting a coin on the tone arm could stop it from impersonating Torville and Dean, although I don't think my record player is a porker like Jane Torville. Life is good at the moment apart from the broken needle, I've finally worked out how to connect up my DVD recoder and get it to record, unless you accidentally change the channel that is, in that case you end up with half an episode of UFO and half Time team. Also despite the fact my printer decided to die suddenly and I've spent all my money and have to go back to selling cobblers to morons I refuse to get depressed. How unlike my early (more popular)posts. Not even those toss pot neighbours of mine whose whole family either cannot or will not shut a car door quietly at any time of the day will bring me down.


http://rapidshare.de/files/19276004/BeaPlat.rar.html The Beat

http://rapidshare.de/files/19280125/Stx6874.part1.rar.html Stax
http://rapidshare.de/files/19281558/Stx6874.part2.rar.html

Enjoy the music

2 comments:

RObert POland said...

thank you for THE BEAT!

ROb.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

No problem and I like you blog