30 Jul 2006

"And when I'm lying in my bed I think about life And I think about death And neither one particularly appeals to me."


Well, another day off under the belt and bloody good it is too. A lovely dinner of 'toad in the hole' (no toads were harmed in the making of the dinner) and now I'm settling in to watch Top Gear even though I can't drive and in fact never had a lesson in my life. Maybe I'll get to drive across the states in an old convertible and not end up like Kowalski in Vanishing point or maybe I'll have to rely on the bus service to take me as far as London and back, what an epic adventure that would be.I notice that according to my Sunday paper (The independent) there's a sperm shortage in this country, really we never throw anything away do we? Apparently sperm donors are wanted by infertile couples, well pardon me but I've been volunteering for years to give it away for free and yet no takers, although there was that man who followed me into the Loos at Birmingham New Street station he seemed interested (which is why I ran for the train that wasn't leaving the station yet and waited twenty minutes with crossed legs for it to move out of the station). Anyway if anyone wants a sample (still warm) then apply in writing anyone outside of my local area can send a self address stamped padded envelope and I'll fill it up until I go blind. Thank god we don't have to lick the stamps anymore.Also this evening I've watched the final ever Top Of The Pops on BBC2 which if it was intended to showcase the last forty years of pop's finest to my mind it just showed that it should have died years ago. Shortly before the Spice Girls arrived if you ask me, but you didn't so I'll say it anyway. With the demise of Smash Hits and TOTP in one year does this mean that pop music is dead? Have the boy/girl bands killed it to the point where no one is interested anymore? Has the world suddenly awoke to the
fact that most chart music is pap and throw away and in our new greener world we no longer care for the disposable product? Wow fuck me I almost got a bit serious there.Normal service will be resumed asap ... Tonight's music is a wide range of choices firstly we have The Exploited whom I seem to remember being played to me on one of those old piano key tape recorders by one of the punk kids at our school I can't say I was that impressed never been a huge punk fan (apart from Siouxsie Sioux for reasons best not gone into again). Also I've posted a Bad Manners album I bought from a little record shop in the back streets of Soho WC1 that was no bigger than one of those corner newspaper kiosks and we only found it by accident Eat The Beat I remember buying it on vinyl (how old)? I wasn't that impressed at the time as it was the first Bad Manners I'd heard for a few years as you couldn't get the decent music in Norfolk in the 80's. It was shortly after that it was withdrawn because Buster had bought the rights to use the Blue Beat Label but not the Melodisc bit so he encroached on the copyright. I've also decide to
reupload The Beatles Live in Paris 1965 who are a little known band but may go far call me stupid if you like but I think they've got what it takes. Also we've got The Lambrettas Beat Boys In A Jet Age which is one of the last CDs I got free from Dojo records when I was doing the old cut and paste fanzine 'The Upsetter' back in the nineties. Then just because I've had it in the walkman the last few days here's the original album version of The Who's Quadrophenia which has more tracks than the soundtrack and some different recordings of the others and I like it cos it's loud. There you go enjoy the music and don't forget to remember something or other I forget what I was ... something to do with a doodad or a doobry.
Anyway don't forget my offer of being a sperm door especially if you are an attractive supermodel, old biffas like kathy burke or Anne Widdecombe need not apply but can send money and an envelope and I'll fill it up until I'm either a:blind or b:inside out.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27558622/TE-DFTC.rar The Exploited - Don't Forget The Chaos

http://rapidshare.de/files/27561292/BM-ETB.rar Bad Manners - Eat The Beat

http://rapidshare.de/files/27563463/TB-LIP65.rar The Beatles - Live In Paris 1965

http://rapidshare.de/files/27565855/TL-BBIAJA.rar The Lambrettas - Beat Boys In A Jet Age

http://rapidshare.de/files/27571208/TW-QOST.part1.rar The Who Quadrophenia (Original Album)

http://rapidshare.de/files/27573359/TW-QOST.part2.rar

7 comments:

coffeepotman said...

I've been enjoying your rant and raves for a while now but I've never left a comment so her is one. Thanks for your witty observations and good taste in music, with all the blogs going down lately I'm glad you are still here. Hope you get a better job someday and that you'll meet the Girl in the Brazil shirt!

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Rant & Raves? I'll have you know this is all well thought out rhetoric and ... oh all right then rants and raves it is.
"Hope you get a better job someday and that you'll meet the Girl in the Brazil shirt!"
That ,akes two of us. ;)

mink said...

hi
thanks for the lambrettas

just listened to the pipettes, reminded me of the mo-dettes
anyone has that lp on mp3

mink said...

thanks for the lambrettas

just listenend to the pipettes
somehow it reminded me of the mo-dettes
i had the album the story so far
nnever found this lp online or on cd

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Well just watch this post then because I have the Modettes and A set of Peel session tracks. Hmmm kind of appropriate that I'm watching The Godfather and I feel like Don Corleone :)

Anonymous said...

Hey mate! Love the blog, keep up the good work.

I have a request. I've been trying to find, for several YEARS, with no luck: The Dust Junkys - Done & Dusted. Any chance you have that one & can contribute it?

Would love to hear it again.

Cheers!

John

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I've never heard of it but If I spot it I'll let you know.