15 Aug 2006

"sanjikan mo matte ita no yo watashi neko to issho ni sono toki denwa no beru ga watashi neko mitai ni shabetta terebi no volume sagete watashi uso mitai na koe de."


Now Norfolk has come in for a lot of stick lately here in the UK and to be fair most of it has been said by me. At least unlike most of the county's detractors I actually lived there, if you can call it living. Like I posted before, Norfolk is like life but with the life suport turned off. I suppose it may have improved in the last ten years or so, but I doubt it. I'm going to find out however as my sister has sort of made me go up by promising to my Nephew in the background whilst on the phone to me saying that I was going up, this was the first time I heard about it. That woman should work for the UN. I wonder if they have running water and inside toilets now? I recently read in The Observer last sunday (again with the big papers), that someone was rallying to the call of anti Norfolk comments and extolling the virtues of the county. Sorry but he mentioned several places I've often frequented. Fakenham, Sheringham, Holt, Cromer etc etc all shit holes in my opinion. The only thing to do was get drunk when I was there in the Eighties. I moved back in the Nineties, but soon left again, (this time shutting the gate behind me and throwing away the key). There are some things that I liked about Norfolk the A11 for a start I love the way it leaves the county and heads towards London like that. I also like Norwich City 'Football' club and I've followed them through thin and thinner. Success has never come easy for that 'football' club despite the fact that we have the BBC cooking deity herself, Saint Delia Smith of summer pudding for a chairman (person). Despite drunken on pitch urgings from said chairperson (man) she has yet to inspire the club onto getting some silverware. The only way my club is going to get silverware this year is if it goes down to the local Argos. The trouble is that when I've been talking to my sister I end up with her Norfolk accent after about half an hour on the phone. Sometimes it'll last for days so imagine what it'll be like for a week's visit. I'll be saying things like "Oy loykes moy compooder entit". 'Entit' is a Norfolk ism it means 'isn't/ain't it' as far as scholars can tell. It's used in conversations, quite often where no question has been asked. See also 'Entee' as in "ee's a rumdood entee?" translation 'He's a worrying person isn't he?" As far as language goes (or lack of) I should be okay for the week.
I don't want to go but how can I dissapoint a seven year old Nephew that loves me and/Or all the Star wars toys I send? I'm quite happy down here with all it's electricity, no cow shit and no witch burnings for having an internal combustion engine. Bloody family.
Oh well here's the music for today Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Best of (With 12" extra disk). Funnily enough I dreamt about Siouxsie Sioux last night too. unfortunately it was nothing enjoyable :( Although I still had to use the mallet first thing in the morning to beat it down again. Also for those of you who like their comics here's the two latest 2000ads. Followed by The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (repost) and Louder Than Bombs which I don't think I've posted before.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29413547/2000AD_Prog_1501_Aug_06.cbr

http://rapidshare.de/files/29583591/2000AD_Prog_1500_Aug_06-rescan.cbr

http://rapidshare.de/files/29790013/TS-TQID.rar The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

http://rapidshare.de/files/29802447/TS-LTB.rar The Smiths - Louder than Bombs

http://rapidshare.de/files/29797137/SATB-TBO.part1.rar Siouxsie & The Banshees

http://rapidshare.de/files/29799256/SATB-TBO.part2.rar Part two

Enjoy

No comments: