14 Sep 2006

"With the fire from the fireworks up above me With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain at hand."


Firstly sorry for the lack of posts recently but yet again it's the fault of Mr G Lucas
esq of Skywalker Ranch California. Yet again there's a Star Wars related game that captures my attention. For those of you that haven't played Lego Star Wars 2 yet do so. I love the way it's funny to me as an (almost) adult as well as to children. My Nephew , who's a Star Wars nut like me, was wittering down the phone to me re it's merits the other day. I may have to get the full game as I've been playing the demo to death. I'm warming to the idea of buying the original movies on DVD even though I've bought them in every single release since the eighties but even my Nephew, who is seven, says that the original the films are the best (in fact he listed all in order of preference which even if I could remember I won't bore you with here). Funny how he never mentions Jar Jar Binks? Although he loves the Sith characters which is rather worrying. I think he's lucky having all the Darth Vader equipment like a lightsaber and voice changing mask and the dress up suit. When I were a lad (cue Hovis music) back in the dark ages if I wanted to play at being Obi Wan 'Ben' Kenobi I had to wear my dad's brown dressing gown and blue broom handle off the soft brush from the garage going voom voom as I swung the handle about. Luckily we had a rather large long haired alsation was often drafted in as Chewbacca and our golden labrador who was often C3PO and my rather small and noisy sister was often R2D2. Unfortunately I don't remember Chewie sleeping or C3PO licking his genitals halfway through the attack on the Death Star. Although I could be wrong as I went to the toilet halfway through the original movie. Nor was Luke's X Wing hidden behind the shed when it was bust so that his parents didn't find out. Although in my defence that wheelbarrow had served all concerned very
well, it had been every car from every cop/spy show all from 1978-1984 along with
accompanied theme tune with my sister as a passenger and chased by the aforementioned mentalist dogs. How I never knocked my sister's teeth out whilst jumping over great jumps singing "dan der der derder der der der dah", ie the car horn from Dukes of Hazard.
Nowadays whilst bored at work (almost constantly) I have to make do with the above ensemble. Photo taken by an equally bored colleague, (our resident Charlie Dimmock lookalike), Lee.
I'm rambling here obviously as I'm trying not to veer onto politics as my ire has been raised on several nights' watching the news. I must stop trying to keep a breast I'd much rather keep two ... but I don't think she's interested.
Anyway tonight's music is a compilation of Reggae standards from the vaults of Trojan. I've only got Volumes 3 and 4 so if anyone has 1 & 2 let me know. Also I've reupped Dance Craze what I ripped from an old cassette I had. Enjoy

http://rapidshare.de/files/33430439/VA_-_DC.rar Dance Craze

http://rapidshare.de/files/33427856/VA_-_RCV4.rar Reggae Classics

Reposted 17-09-06

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Dance Craze, my old LP is nearly worn out from 25 years of use. Still pull it out on weekends now and again, marvelous.
Could you reup it somewhere, cuz the complaint squad had it deleted from RS :P

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I Shall reup it asap.

Anonymous said...

Much appreciated. I like your blog, I feel as though I can relate to your experiences at times.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks for the comment I am the new 'Everyman' ;) The Man in the street (more often than not waiting for a bus).

oiche said...

Bugger. I dont call for millenlia and when I do, I miss dance craze ('complaints received')Any chance of a reup? Also have the vinyl. But cant seem to fit the deck in my pocket when going to work on the bus....Love n biscuits, oiche

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks for the biscuits Oiche there'll be a reup tomorrow. And stay poised for The Selecter's Too Much Pressure. Would have done it tonight but watching BBC4's Stiff Night.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent. Grabbed it and already enjoying. If I ever run into you at the stop, I'll buy you a pint (or two cuz one never seems to be enough).

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks but actually I'm teetotal (You'd never guess from these seemingly drunken ravings) tell you what just carry a PG Tips teabag with you at all times ;)