13 Dec 2006

"I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind There was something so pleasant about that place. Even your emotions had an echo, and so much space And when you're out there, without care, yeah, I was out of touch. But it wasn't because I didn't know enough I just knew too much" Okay here's the deal. I'm in a dark place at the moment, what Winston Churchill used to refer to as his 'black dog', but I appreciate the comments and the fact that I've had quite a few hits on the site. So I'll keep it going as far as the uploads are concerened but I really don't have it in me to laugh at the moment so bear with me. My future is uncertain as to whether I stay in my job and/or company let alone this town. I'll try to keep my chin up and like I say I'll continue with the music as that is what I set this blog up for. If you really must know why I'm like this then read the previous entries. I know it's self centred etc and others have had a worse year but the full story will be posted when I leave the current store.

Hasta luego!!!

6 comments:

kozmik said...

hey upsetter thinking of you man

Cat Lover said...

Stewed Dog (wedding style)

Recipe By : Joe Sweeney
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :3:00
Categories : Ethnic Lamb
Philippines

3 kg dog meat -- * see note
1 1/2 cups vinegar
60 peppercorns -- crushed
6 tablespoons salt
12 cloves garlic -- crushed
1/2 cup cooking oil
6 cups onion -- sliced
3 cups tomato sauce
10 cups boiling water
6 cups red pepper -- cut into strips
6 pieces bay leaf
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1 1/2 cups liver spread -- ** see note
1 whole fresh pineapple -- cut 1/2 inch thick

1. First, kill a medium sized dog, then burn off the fur over a hot fire.
2. Carefully remove the skin while still warm and set aside for later (may be
used in other recpies)
3. Cut meat into 1" cubes. Marinade meat in mixture of vinegar,
peppercorn, salt and garlic for 2 hours.
4. Fry meat in oil using a large wok over an open fire, then add onions and
chopped pineapple and suate until tender.
5. Pour in tomato sauce and boiling water, add green peper, bay leaf and
tobasco.
6. Cover and simmer over warm coals until meat is tender. Blend in liver spread
and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.

* you can substiture lamb for dog. The taste is similar, but not as pungent.
** smooth liver pate will do as well.

For the faint of heart, you can always substitute lamb in place of next door's
rover, but the meat will not be as sweet or as rich in flavor.
http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/filipino/00/rec0001.html

Couple of G&Ts, a nice cigar, Pablo Casals playing Bach's Suites, a general attitude of 'Dear world, you can kiss my arse'.
Does the trick for me every time.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks I will certainly try the recipe although I may try it with the lamb instead of dog if it's all the same. I don't want to be spitting out bits of collar.

Anonymous said...

upsetter

wish you all best best and keep it up
now listenig to 3men and black-accoustic
nice cd

mink

Anonymous said...

Don't Forget The Songs That Made You Laugh -
The Songs That Made You Cry -
The Songs That Saved Your Life -
When You're Dancing And Laughing
And Finally Living
Hear My Voice In Your Head
And Think Of Me Kindly
Bobby.T

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Things are already beginning to look up. Thanks Upsetter fans :)