26 Jan 2007

"You said to me now wipe you eyes relax your hand and come inside, lift back your head and swallow your pride don't be ashamed, in me confide."

I have a sad duty to perform. I have to tell you of the sudden demise of my cactii (pictured above). I suspect foul play ... or possibly foul breath. Despite the note illustrated my part hippy part hobgoblin landlord would insist on talking to them and with his penchant for the disgusting taste/odour of either cheese and onion or tuna mayonnaise sandwiches it wouldn't have been pretty. I mean it could have been my over watering them or maybe even the wallpaper I suppose I mean that pattern kills me. I'll get another plant in time but it's just too soon at the moment you know? Maybe I'll get something that wont end up with me having to remove tiny little barbs from my hands for a week everytime I repot it. There are enough little pricks in my life (see previous posts).

I've been getting a few interview dates too at the moment so I must have filled in some forms correctly at least. I can't wait to get off the old rock and roll. I really hate the way I get the Gestapo treatment from them when it's patently obvious that I'm looking for work and have the proof. Yet all these Vicky Pollard types and spotty faced, tracksuit wearing, criminal record owning (so much for being less judgemental in 2007) scum who just slouch up to the desk and scrawl thier names on the bit of paper saying "Gimme munny". The whole world's against me. Please let me get the job. Although it will mean I'll have to start recording the Hill Street Blues reruns. I'll also have to stop playing Metal slug 3 on my PS2 which is annoying. I've been joined by more famous people on MySpace and I've decorated too. The posts are always different to this one as well, so if for some reason like you have nothing better to do then pop along and have a look. Nice to see that I've made over 100,000 hits to this blog (it must be the free music) and lots more countries that I'll never get to visit too. And too think I was chuffed to fuck when I got a couple of hundred hits.

Today's posts are reposts of Madness' Nutty Sounds compilations of all the twelve inch and unreleased tracks from Madness and related bands. Also I've upped a Trojan Box set (in memoriam for LSBee Blog) X-rated Reggae. Interestingly it was a Xmas present from my mate Jimmy for saying thanks for all the hard work I did on the night shift (if only he knew ;) ) I've never actually listened to it as I have too much stuff and too little time. (According to my computer I have had at least 44,000 mp3 tracks on my pc at one time or another). Maybe now I've ripped it I'll actually get around to putting it on iTunes?Enjoy
http://dl19l33.rapidshare.com/files/14756049/M-TNSVol1.rar Nutty Vol 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r2v3xc alternate vol 1

http://dl58l3.rapidshare.com/files/14767397/M-TNSVol2.rar Nutty Vol 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wqaa7e alternate vol 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x1nca4 Nutty Volume Vol 3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bpfife alternate 3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/coc6gi Nutty Volume 4

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6t8zyr alternate 4

http://www.sendspace.com/file/67ggzh X Rated box Set

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsw8zo X Rated pt.2

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi upsetter
Sorry to hear about the cactus but if you dry it out it can make a very acceptable alternative to the horrendous expense of purchasing a brillo pad, and it will clean your pans a treat( a real tip for the cash strapped i think)
Good health.
Pinto

Scooter said...

Excuse my cactii ignorance, but they can survive in the desolate wastelands of desert where not a drop of water is seen in months, but you can't keep one alive in deepest darkest Bournemouth? They will take an incredible amount of neglect and even abuse, so foul play must be suspected indeed.

You didn't give it Morgans Spiced Rum instead of fertilizer on a drunken lost weekend binge did you?

Good luck with the interviews...but not too much ;-P

TheUpsetter1969 said...

How dare you? I'm teetotal/boring. ;) Mind you I'm suprised that I haven't been driven to drink again by the 'fairer sex' When it comes to the horticultural skills I'm a mow the grass sort of fella and that's it. Maybe hack the odd tree down ... Yes that was me on the North Norfolk Steam Railway museum (just past the signal box)who chopped down those 10 foot conifers about 7 and a half feet up with a petrol driven saw. But give me a break it was hard work because everytime I lifted the petrol driven strimmer up the gravity fed petrol engine would cut out. Anyway I still say it was old pickety witch downstairs and his foul tuna sodden breath wot dun it.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Maybe I should grow some erm whatcher call its Marry Jew Arner? It doesn't make life any better it just blurs the edges of reality a bit.

ghostofthelsbee said...

Bless you codge!
Hope U get that fecker of a job...

put DOWN the PS2 I sayz!

TT

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Ok. PS2 You are small and nobody loves you! How's that?

surrealised said...

Hehehe. Down PS2. Down PS2.

Any chance of upping Nutty Vol 3 & 4 to rapidshare.com?

Do you have any alternate madness tracks? Instrumentals etc from 7, or Mad not Mad. Cheers.

Andrew said...

Oooops nevermind. Sendspace finally let me have them. Cheers and, really, thanks a lot.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I've got some that I ripped off the Chassmash.com website (now sadly defunkt in preference to MySpace/madnessofficial) As soon as I find them I'll up them.

Anonymous said...

RS links don't work. :-(

TheUpsetter1969 said...

OK I'll re up at some point in the near future

surrealised said...

Cool. It'd be nice if they released deluxe editions of each album with extended & alternate versions. Dream, Dream, dream.......

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Yeah well I would like that too but don't hold your breath because the madness marketing machinenow only does digital releases by the look of it. Madbox 2 singles collection I can't find anywhere apart from an mp3 download. I like my cds just because the record companies make more by not releasing a shiny silver disk. Money grabbing bastards. I hope they release the next album as a cd or that will be it for me as far as the band goes.

Anonymous said...

"OK I'll re up at some point in the near future" - I'm still counting on you my friend. :-)

Anonymous said...

could you please reup nutty sounds
from madness thank you