27 Feb 2007

"Things are going to get better, I said I knew it, I want to tell everybody. The moment that I met her and it seems that my mind has survived on its own, things are going to get better."

Last night I dreamt that I was back at my old job and I was almost marching about. I was certainly striding with a swagger in my walk not seen for a few years now. The shop was cleaner and tidier than I'd seen it for years. And as I strode up to my department there were two of my staff there and they came to the attention as I approached, I was concerned that the blonde girl there was my unrequited object of my desires and reason for all my misery but thankfully when she turned around it wasn't her. Although unfortunately my drag queen lookalike ex friend and colleague was there. I dunno quite what brought all this on as I've got no intention of going back there not even to shop (too many negative waves Moriarty). Although when later in the year they get desperate for staff as all the students they employ go home for the summer I'm hoping for a phone call because it's been ages since I slammed the phone down on someone after telling them to fuck off. It was quite a long and vivid dream unlike the ones that I normally have that only go on for a few minutes, just like the job itself it went on too long. I'm hoping that if I ever get around to those lucid dreaming cds that I'll be able to burn down the shop next time I dream of it. The only thing I miss about the shop is my friends (the real ones) even if they did have the worst stock take in history without me mwahahahahahaha!!!!! er ahem sorry for the maniacal laughter there.

Anyway I hope you appreciate the fact that I've had to leave the battle of the Yalu river at a very crucial stage in Blitzkrieg on my PC. I found some mods and maps etc (this one being Korean War of course) and have started to enjoy the game again. Although I'm enjoying the fact that my tanks now actually run over trees and buildings instead of going around them and into the minefield there is so much smoke on screen now that I can't see where I'm going at all now. Still at least I'm giving MacArthur a bloody good thrashing and teaching those imperialist westerners a thing or two.

Tonight's music is a load of ska and reggae that I've been meaning to post previously but due to all the reposts recently and everything (such as pc/ps2 games and being depressed and not too arsed with it etc etc).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gn0pan VA - Ska Ta Shot http://www.sendspace.com/file/r7gmxy Skatalites pt1 http://www.sendspace.com/file/u1ygvc Skatalites pt2 (both parts needed)http://www.sendspace.com/file/ymynvi VA - Duke Reid Ba Ba Boom 1967 - 1972 http://www.sendspace.com/file/4shr1h V A - Ska Explosion

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Accroches-toi a ton reveAccroches-toi a ton reve, Quand tu vois ton bateau partir, Quand tu sents -- ton coeur se briser, Accroches-toi a ton reve".
Just noticed your ELO reference ,Hold on tight if im not mistaken.Love the site ,heres to you .

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Well spotted, yes I'm a closet ELO listener. A friend of my parents used to play it in his Ford Transit mini bus on 8 track of all things I guess it just sunk in whilst I read my 2000ad and Star Wars comics. :)

Anonymous said...

Great site, great sounds mate! Really appreciate all the downloads.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

No problem, I enjoy sharing the music and besides it keeps me off the streets. :)

Anonymous said...

are there rapidshare link for VA - Ska Ta Shot, VA - Duke Reid Ba Ba Boom 1967 - 1972, and VA - Ska Explosion?

TheUpsetter1969 said...

No not yet but I suppose there could be. Watch this space.

Anonymous said...

yeah...THANKS DUDE!