2 Jun 2007

"Yeh I heard a funny thing,
Somebody said to me.
That you could be in love,
With almost anyone.
You think people are the greatest fun,
And I will be alone again tonight for you."
I don't know what the world is coming to. I turned over after the end of The Seven ages of rock on BBC2 to see that yet another awful reality vote for some non entity show (Any dream will do) on BBC1 to find that they've taken the music of Freddie Mercury and turned it gay. Four pretty boys hoping to make it big in musical theatre prance around the stage in big pastel coloured coats singing 'under pressure'. Freddie must be turning (and then strutting whilst raising his microphone carrying fist to the sky) in his grave. Still at least it gives something for people like my little sister to do with her free evenings and weekend texts from vodafone. I see that yet another waste of time and money has starting broadcasting again despite the hoo haa over the Shilpa Shetty versus 'Pig faced racist' fiasco. I caught at least a full thirty excruciating seconds because I was channel hopping and dropped the remote, ye gods a house full of women all talking at once and at equal volume as they all have to be heard despite the fact they have nothing to say. Mind you that's never stopped me has it? I hope that someone from Big Brother is checking for eggs. That poor man they chose to go in there he'll either be deaf or insane by dee eat as the voice over will say in his tyneside accent ("day eight" to the rest of us). Still now that I've bought a dvd player with a usb hub in it I can connect my 300gig hard drive up to it and watch my collection of war documentaires, downloaded movies and several Simpsons seasons instead. How the hell I missed an entire season of the Simpsons I have no idea. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon as I enjoyed the hot sun streaming through the window whilst I reclined lazily in my armchair cup of Tetley tea in Marvin the Martian mug in hand. Although I now have a headache and partial snowblindness. Fresh air is for wimps.


The old me is dead finally (17th April 1969 - 18th December 2006). Whereas when I was young, semi dumb and full of cum I sought out wars and adventures, despite what Yoda taught us. I found neither, but at least I looked which has to count for something. Now I'm applying for jobs in libraries and museums. I'll be buying the pipe and slippers on a layaway scheme and I'm waiting for my leather patches for my cardigans to come from ebay. Also the cardigans as I don't own any. Pffft that'll be the day, I like most men still act as though I'm 25. Although I was a boring old fuck at 25 too so there you go. But at least I was in contact with more than 2 of my friends.

Anyway here's the music for you. I have posted the Trojan Tighten Up boxset that I forgot to do last time and some more 12" rips + some 7" rips that I've uncovered in charity shop hereabouts.

http://rs62l34.rapidshare.com/files/35429961/TUB.part1.rar Trojan

http://rs100cg2.rapidshare.com/files/35564111/TUB.part2.rar

http://rs123gc.rapidshare.com/files/35564638/TUB.part3.rar

http://rs59tl2.rapidshare.com/files/35825092/12ir2.part1.rar 12"s

http://rs74tl2.rapidshare.com/files/35916361/12ir2.part2.rar

http://rs98cg.rapidshare.com/files/36003147/7ir.part1.rar 7"s

http://rs84l3.rapidshare.com/files/36014049/7ir.part2.rar

Track Listing in comments

1 comment:

TheUpsetter1969 said...

12 inch rips
#############
Bad Manners - Lip Up Fatty (12 Inch Exteneded Mix)
Bad Manners - Night Bus To Dalston
General Public - Limited Balance (Longer Version)
General Public - Tenderness (Longer Version)
General Public - Tenderness (Shorter Version)
Kiss AMC - Come Again (Instrumental)
Kiss AMC - My Docs (Longy's Dub)
Kiss AMC - My Docs (Two Tone Mix)
The Beatmasters - Hey DJ (I Can't Dance To That Music You're Playing) 12 Inch Mix
The Beatmasters - Ska Train (12 Inch Mix)
UB40 - Cherry Oh Baby (Dub Mix)
UB40 - Frilla
UB40 - Nkomo A Go Go (Dance Mix)
UB40 - Red Red Wine (Extended Mix)



7 inch rips
############
Adamski - N-R-G
Adrenalin MOD - OOO (parkside Mix)
Adventures Of Stevie V- Dirty Cash (Radio Edit)
Baby Ford - Oochy Koochy
Bad Manners - Black Night
Bad Manners - Feel Like Jumping
Bomb The Bass - Beat Dis
Candy Flip - Strawberry Fields Forever
Children Of The Night - It's A Trip (Tune In Turn On Drop Out)
D Mob (Featuring Cathy Dennis) - C'mon And Get My Love
Double Trouble - Rub A Dub (Carnival Mix)
Double Trouble - Rub A Dub (Ravers Dub live Mix)
Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro (Mix)
Liuetenant Pigeon - Mouldy Old Dough
Rebel MC & Double Trouble - Street Tuff (Club Radio Mix)
Rebel MC & Double Trouble - Street Tuff (Scar Mix)
Scritti Politti & Shabba Ranks - She's A Woman
S'Express - Superfly Guy
Shocktactix - This Is Not Jazz (Extra Beat)
Skaville Train - Darker Shot
Skaville Train - Jet 707
The Belle Stars - Madness
The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times