6 Jan 2008

"Oh yes conscience and all of that stuff
We'll sort that out later you've time enough
Right now you must realise that not much is fair
When you hunt with the hounds now you run with the hare"
Happy Nude Rear everybody

With regards to my still trying (and sometimes failing miserably... literally) to see the positive side in everything. I've now decided that bing single is okay and although I have no bosoms to fondle at night except my own, I can however break wind with impunity (and do). Without a care in the world an 'under leg noise' not unlike a 1974 Harley Davidson starting up in my undergarments would issue forth but, if I were in a 'relationship' I would no doubt be asked the question "Did you have to do that?" Well I think it would be quite patently obvious that I did otherwise I would be inflating over the years until I was foating along the living room ceiling near the light like some discarded balloon at a children's party.
Furthermore my positiveness (new found) has lead me to have little or no altercations with Numpties getting in my way in the high street this Christmas. I have even burned and played a Christ-a-mas song cd (with all the negative or rude ones taken out). Just ask my mate Jimmy who tried to get me to to do the same when I worked on nights with him at Wankinson's. At times it was like trying to get an extremely determined cat into a pet carrier... it weren't gonna happen. I was going to play it at work, which is why I took out the rude punk ones. It's hard to carry USB turntables etc to the tills with piles of shocked urine ingrained old ladies' carcasses everywhere. I even wore ... a christmas hat and have been seen and heard to wish people a "Nice Christmas". Although it has to be said that I couldn't quite bring myself to be "upbeat" enough to say the word "Merry" aaaaand okay my hat did say "Bah! Humbug" on it but, you know it's a start in the right direction. Let's face it last year I wrote "Bah! Humbug" on my world famous window and would have glady ripped the throat out with my bare hands of any carol singers let alone Christmas well wishers.
My two new year's resolutions are
1, Finish a writing project.
2, Don't make any New Year's resolutions
3, learn to count when making lists
Recently I served a customer in my shop who came from Coltishall in Norfolk. A place I know all to well. I spent many a long cold grey summer's day there back in '85 and have many people I know associated with the place. I asked him if he were there to drag me back as there would be kicking and /or screaming and not all of it coming from me. He assured me that he wasn't and bought a remote control helicopter and left. I wishI could leave too but I'm stuck there at least for the foreseeable.
How did you spend your New Year's eve? Me? Well on the stroke of midnight I was having a dump. There were thundering noises and loud reports and then the fireworks started so it drowned me out. I began to feel a little alone & went to bed. Perhaps it's not so okay being single after all.

Anyway enough mad witterings here's the download for you a dvd rip of Madness' Take it or leave it (avi) and an old album that I have been looking for for ages. Ska Beats Vol. 1 I had this and played it to death when I was in the Army. In fact it's this one and De La Soul's 3 feet high and rising that I used to play on my walkman whilst shooting my rifle from a slit trench. So if anyone has these with rifle and artillery fire noises over the top then I would love to relive old memories. :) Also if anyone wants me to email them when I update from now on drop me an email marked 'add me' and I'll put you in the mailing list.

Madness 1
Madness 2
Madness 3
Madness 4
Madness 5
Madness 6
Madness 7
Madness 8
Ska beats 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try this link
http://rapidshare.com/files/43138424/De_La_Soul_-_3_Feet_High_And_Rising.rar

and add my blog to your links
http://whatilike-jp.blogspot.com/

you have one of the best blogs around keep it up

Andrew Glazebrook said...

That's a great arse picture !