14 Jan 2008

"We're so incredibly, utterly devious
Making the most of everything.
Even bottles and tins.
Pick up the pieces and make them into something new,
Is what we do!"

Hmmm, it seems that it's come around to another payday and I'm spending loads on ebay by buying lots of vinyl (how unusual I know). I'm also the proud owner of a TEAC cassette deck which I've plumbed into the USB turntable to allow me to finally start getting rid of all my cassettes (woo hoo). That was another ebay purchase. Sometimes I feel that I'm keeping them in business you know? Also I may have formulated the theory that all the crap tv is my fault along with several others, going on my equation that 'if you are doing or thinking something then someone, somewhere is doing or thinking exactly the same thing'. I've been filling out an online survey for British tv and radio in the hope of winning money. You may scoff but I already got £20 in Amazon vouchers, so there. The reason though that I believe that I and possibly many others have screwed up the tv schedules with celebrity dancing and list shows is that I just make shit up when filling out the forms. I don't watch the tv a great deal, in fact now that Top Gear is off the air I hardly watch any broadcast stuff at all apart from the occasional repeat of QI on Dave tv. Unless of course you read my survey answers. In which case you'd see that I'd be sat in front of the tv even when at work, sometimes watching two channels at once. Even with channels I can't receive I enjoy the programmes immensely... apparently. Well, what with watching politicians all these years I thought I'd try to earn some money by being dishonest too.
I learned this week that they are now broadcasting a show based on my recent favourite book, jPod by Sir Douglas of Coupland. I downloaded the first two episodes but I don't know if I'll enjoy it or just be disappointed in it. The actors are just the usual vanilla types you get in all these things and are in no way how I imagined them in the book. Still Sir Douglas is involved with the show so who am I to argue? The pod itself seems to have been designed by the set designer from all those CSI type shows. IE it looks nothing like a place really should but looks
really good on TV. All in all the fact that I only watch three or four programmes on tv at the moment makes me wonder if I really need to save up for the 46" plasma I've recently fallen in love with or not? But then I think of My Name Is Earl and what would the world be if I couldn't enjoy a 46" wide image Jaime Pressly? Today's music (which is what you came for after all as you sit there like greedy relatives a will reading waiting for your name to be read out only to find it's all gone to the cat's home as your dead uncle didn't like you after all) .... and breath in.... is Man...Or Astro-man? Your Weight On The Moon, Various Artists - Ragga House, Stewie Griffin - Stewie's Sexy Party video and last but by no means least Madness - One Step Beyond...

Ragga
Man
OSB...
Stewie

6 comments:

IT'S A SKA THING said...

Been snuffling about, as is my nature, came across this link

http://difusionlibertaria.net/hosting/vodka/english.

www.2toneroom.tk

Seems to be worth a look, make sure your anti-virus is up to date though first, just in case.

Mike said...

That truly is a good find thanks.

Anonymous said...

Where did you download jPod from...? I'm a big Coupland fan but a novice at downloading tv shows!

Mike said...

Well, just supposing that you aren't Mr Coupland's lawyers. :) I did them from a torrents site called www.Torrentz.com and they found the links which I may or may not have downloaded depending on my former sentence. If you are Mr. Coupland's lawyers then I must say that I'm really enjoying the current book (The Gum Thief) BTW. :)... Even If you aren't Mr. Coupland's lawyers I'm still enjoying the book.

Anonymous said...

Hey man what's happening? Missing your bloggings. Hope you're alright.

You don't have 'Starry Eyed And B*ll*ck Naked' by Carter USM do ya?

Keep up the good work boyo!

Mike said...

I'm semi fine, I've been taking a break for various reasons which I'll post about in the near future. I don't know about the Carter USM I've go so much stuff but I will have a look. New post is imminent.