18 Feb 2008

"Stop me, oh, stop me Stop me if you think that you've Heard this one before Stop me, oh, stop me Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before Nothing's changed I still love you, oh, I still love you ...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to, my love"

Well, I've been away for a bit, from my blog at least. No real reason I just felt like a bit of a break mainly I couldn't think of anything to write (as ever) but, also for the reasons of the usual black dog and trying out my new gadgets that I keep buying from ebay and Maplin (good old staff discount). I'm still there despite my best efforts, it's a bit better because the manager has left along with a couple of others they were fine it was the manager we were glad to see the back of. Anyway I'm here now, what've you been doing? Oh Really? How nice anyway enough about you get your own damn blog!!! Let's have more about me. Life has improved since my buying of a two slice sandwich toaster, we all get the toastie fever which, for once, is not an illness caught from some disgusting customer, and there are so many. Still, it's all material for the old books. Ooh, I've just read the latest Douglas Coupland book (The Gum Thief) and I must say that it was about several employees who work in a 'Staples' and are totally dissatisfied with their lot in life. It struck so much of a chord with all of us there at Maplin that I was tempted to buy everyone a copy. Also I have now watched the first eight episodes of jPod the tv series and I can say I'm more than impressed. It's actually betterer than I thought it would be. I've warmed to the characters or rather the actors playing the characters even the one who looks like the idiot out of CBBC's Dick & Dom whom I want to thump heartily just because he's a dick although I'm not sure if he's called Dick or Dom so I'll just go by sight. But anyway I can recommend the show despite my reservations at the start. I tried to broaden my reading recently by trying to read some Oscar Wilde.... It's not often that I won't finish a book but there you go. Well bloody Morrissey has been wibbling on about him for years, amongst others so I thought why not? I'll tell you why not, bloody boring upper class pillocks do things and say terribly terribly 'witty' things to one another. I may be an inverted snob but what the hell, I find little interest in the comings and goings of victorian society. Although I have read some shakespeare so I'm not your usual shop worker, for whom a book is a thicker version of TVChoice. I keep seeing people I don't want to see and not the ones I do life's a cunt... as I believe Rene Dustcart said.

Anyway here's some music for you to enjoy, whilst I shut up. Madness' Absolutely and Seven and The Smiths bootleg 'Asleep' and the album 'Strangeways here we come'.
Madness - Absolutely
Madness - 7
The Smiths - Asleep
The Smiths - Strangeways here we come

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back Mike

All the best

Walt Jabsco

Mike said...

Ta I promise not to leave it so long before my next post

Anonymous said...

Me, too. I like the angle on your world, cat. It's one of those things where I'd probably rather not meet you because it could spoil the character and storyline. No offense, ya know? Can't say that about many blogs, friend. Most tend to overthink it. You go ...