24 Jun 2008

"Some nights I still sleep on the beach.
Remember when stars were in reach.
Then I wander in early to work,
Spend the day licking boots for my perks."

I've made myself have a night off from watching every single doctor who ever ... sad bastard. Hence the T.A.R.D.I.S at the top of the page. Anyway I've decided , if there was any doubt left, that my brain hates me. There I was just ambling along in my life enjoying my job and liking at least two of my colleagues at work. Meandering my way along through life not caring a jot about being single with little or no prospects of getting the old 2.4 dogs with a semi detached wife and children with a shiny coat and wet nose or whatever it is. All of a sudden my brain says "yeah you are" and makes me dream of 'the knees' in the first she's glaring at me in the corner of a pub whilst I walk past to some of my oldest friends and say "what's the bloody point?" in the second I go past a place near here and where I used to work and she's glaring at me as I drive past in that one she's all preggers etc. I can't actually drive so I assume I was a passenger but anyway cue being depressed for a few days. The third dream wasn't too bad though as I was in Icelands and I walked past ther but was more interested in the Fruit fill Weetabix as if that'd be true. I'm over it now (until I go to sleep and my nasty brain wot doesn't like me decides otherwise) I'm just looking forward to the Tank Day on Saturday 28th June (Link) I'm going with two friends from work who were interested, also it leaves a dilemma at the shop as that day there are no managers to open. One is coming with me to look at big metal things designed to kill people and eat hot dogs. We will eat the hot dogs because, as far as I'm aware, there are no big metal machines designed to kill people and eat hot dogs ... I hope I clarified that? The other decided with two minutes notice that he was due a weeks holiday and promptly took one and the arse sistant manger is off wearing his knees out at the church that day, waste of fucking time but there you go. Still I'll be bouncing around like a sugar fed two year old at all the military hardware on show so basically if you are coming to the Bournemouth branch of Maplin on Saturday 28th of June ... erm don't. I'm trying to convince the other two fellow tank enthusiasts to try and find German first world war or second world war helmets and wear them at work the following day whilst serving cuntstomers but we'll see.
Anyway here's a shed load of vinyl as promised to you upsetter fans, with a full tracklisting in the comments file.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Alexander O'Neal - Criticize (Remix)
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Break Machine - Breakdance Party
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy (9 Minute version)
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Rage Hard
Haysi Fantayzee - John Wayne Is Big Leggy (Groovy Long Version)
Hazel O'Connor - D-Days
Howard Jones - What Is Love (Extended Version)
Jack 'N' Chill - The House That Jack Built
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite (Extended Shock Horror Mix)
Japan - All Tomorrow's Parties (1983 Remix)
Jellybean - Jingo (UK House Mix)
Malcom McLaren - Double Dutch (12 Inch Version)
Malcom McLaren - D'Ya Like Scratchin'?
Malcom McLaren - She's Looking Like A Hobo
Maxi Priest - Some Guys Have All The Luck (Extended Remix)
Mica Paris - My One Temptation (Dance Version)
Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing (Disco Mix)
PigBag - Pap's Got A Brand New PigBag (12 Inch Version)
Prince - When Doves Cry (Full Length Version)
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Cake Mix)
Shalamar - Take That To The Bank (M & M Remix)
Swing Out Sister - Breakout (N.A.D Mix)
Sydney Youngblood - Sit And Wait (Stationary To Stationary Mix)
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Extended Version)
The Communards - So Cold The Night (12 Inch Version)
The Human League - Mirror Man
The Style Council - Mick's Company
The Style Council - My Ever Changing Moods (Long Version)
The Style Council - Spring, Summer, Autumn
The Style Council - The Big Boss Groove
The Style Council - You're The Best Thing
The Suburban Boys - Commumix
The Thompson Twins - Lay Your Hands On Me
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me (Extended Version)
UB40 - Frilla
UB40 - I Got You Babe (Dub Version)
UB40 - I Got You Babe
UB40 - Nkomo A Go Go (Dance Mix)
UB40 - Theme From Labour Of Love
UB40 - Up & Coming M.C.
Wham! - Bad Boys (12 Inch Version)
Wham! - Freedom (Long Version)
Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
C&C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat (Slammin' vocal Club Mix)
Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) Extended Mix
Duran Duran - The Chauffeur (pepe duranies extended cut)
Frankie goes to Hollywood - The Power of Love (Extended Mix)
Malcolm McLaren ft Lisa Marie - Something's jumpin' in your shirt (Walk the body mix)
Pop Will Eat Itself - X Y & Zee (Sensory Amplification Mix)
Propaganda - Duel (12inch mix)
S'Express - Hey Music Lover (Good Vibration Mix)
Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking (Extended Mix)
Stephen Tin Tin Duffy - Kiss Me (12inch remix)
Tears for Fears - Shout (U.S. Remix)
The Beloved - Sweet Harmony (Live The Dream Mix)
The Shamen - Boss Drum (Beatmasters Boss Mix)
The Soup Dragons - Mother Universe (12 Version)
The Stone Roses - Waterfall (12 Version)
Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now (12inch mix)
Zoe - Sunshine On A Rainy Day (12 Extended Mix)

Asbo said...

Hi Mike, great post as always and a nice selection (apart from Tiffany) :)
One small complaint (sorry) the last 17 tracks are missing?
Was looking forward to a good version of McLaren's Jumping in my shirt (as my version predictably Jumps as it was ripped from a really bad vinyl).

But your still one of my fave blogs, always good stuff here :)