8 Aug 2008

"I don't care, when they stare, at the way that I'm always with you we're a pair, it's not fair when they say we're a special brew! woh woh woh woh ."


Well, here I am back from Norfolk with an empty wallet, extreme tiredness and germs caught from my Niece and Nephew. Still it was nice to actually get out and about and see the old crapholes again. Lots of ghosts of the past which no longer exists. The only problem I have with Norfolk is the fact that it's so far away and I have to travel for a minimum of four and a half hours to get there. Still, I went all sorts of places and spent my hardly earned spondoolicks. The funny thing was that due to all the car boot sales and shops I went to I ended up having to buy a new holdall to bring it all back (vinyl will be ripped for your delight asap). I travelled to Great Yarmouth which is somewhere I hadn't been for twenty years or so. It pretty much is the same as it ever was although if you try to walk on the pier you'll get wet as it burnt down or something (witchcraft according to the locals). Speaking of witchcraft I wasn't as I first thought burnt at the stake for having a PSP and laptop with me. Still I met up with and old friend or two, we had a good old chinwag about the past and maybe one day I'll go back, who knows? To Norfolk not the past. I must say that despite all my reservations about visiting the place I am looking forward to going back... My god I'm sicker than I thought. Mind you the last time I came back from holiday a week later I was out of work so I should be grateful I've only come away with flu this time. (Don't read this too close to the screen as I may get you ill). I did like my mates mobile home though in fact I wouldn't mind one myself and despite my reservations it didn't look like a Star Trek Shuttle pod after all... well not on the outside anyway ;)
Anyway enough old bollocks here's the music. Firstly I've uploaded The Brit Box which is the dogs bollocks as far as I'm concerned just look at the track listing in the comments. Also there's Connected/12"s 90's which has a great track listing too. That's it for now I'll upload a load of vinyl what I've been doing in the next post

6 comments:

Mike said...

Connected

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Stereo MCs - Connected (12"Mix)
2. Leftfield / Lydon - Open Up (Chemical Brothers Remix)
3. The Blue Boy - Remember Me (12"Mix)
4. The Beloved - Sun Rising (Tom's Drum & Bass Edit)
5. The Stone Roses - Fools Gold (Bottom Won Mix)
6. England New Order - World In Motion (Carabinieri Mix)
7. The Soup Dragons - I'm Free (12"Mix)
8. Paul Weller - Wild Wood (Portishead Sheared Wood Remix)
9. Primal Scream - Funky Jam (Club Mix)
10. Kula Shaker - Tattva (Lucky 13 Mix)
11. Moloko - Fun For Me (Doctor Rockit Mix)
12. James - Come Home (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
Disc: 2
1. Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer (Extended Mix)
2. Felix - Don't You Want Me (Hooj Mix)
3. Utah Saints - Something Good (12" Mix)
4. Electronic - Getting Away With It (Extended Mix)
5. The Grid - Swamp Thing (Southern Comfort Mix)
6. Adamski - Killer (12" Version)
7. Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives (Knuckles & Morales Classic Mix)
8. Sub Sub Feat. Melanie Williams - Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use)
9. M People - How Can I Love You More? (Classic Mix)
10. Incognito - Always There (Morales Classic Mix)
11. Freak Power - Turn On, Tune In, Cop Out (Pizzaman Remix)
12. Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me (Norman Cook's Excursion In The Version)
Disc: 3
1. Deee-Lite " Groove Is In The Heart (Remix)
2. Diana Brown & Barrie K Sharpe " The Masterplan (12" Mix)
3. Arrested Development " People Everyday (Metamorphosis Mix)
4. Jamiroquai - When You Gonna Learn? (JK Mix)
5. Young Disciples " Apparently Nothin' (Soul River)
6. Martine Gerault " Revival (12" Mix)
7. Driza Bone " Real Love (Original Mix
8. James Taylor Quartet" Starsky & Hutch (Funky People Mix)
9. DJ Krush & Ronny Jordan " So What! (Tuff N Smooth Mix)
10. Marxman " All About Eve (Sax N Flute Mix)
11. Omar " There's Nothing Like This
12. Tricky " Aftermath (LP Mix)

Brit Box

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. How Soon Is Now - Smiths
2. Lorelei - Cocteau Twins
3. Primitive Painters - Felt (1)
4. Somewhere In China - Shop Assistants
5. My Biggest Thrill - Mighty Lemon Drops
6. Just Like Heaven - Cure
7. Lips Like Sugar - Echo & The Bunnymen
8. April Skies - Jesus & Mary Chain
9. Walkin' With Jesus (Sound Of Confusion) - Spacemen 3
10. Crash - Primitives (1)
11. Unbearable - Wonder Stuff
12. She Bangs The Drums - Stone Roses
13. Only One I Know - Charlatans (1)
14. Step On - Happy Mondays
15. Loaded - Primal Scream
16. This Is How It Feels - Inspiral Carpets
17. Obscurity Knocks - Trash Can Sinatras
18. There She Goes - La's
19. Here's Where The Story Ends - Sundays
Disc: 2
1. Vapour Trail - Ride
2. Sight Of You - Pale Saints
3. Only Shallow - My Bloody Valentine
4. For Love - Lush
5. Flying - Telescopes (1)
6. Pearl - Chapterhouse
7. I Want To Touch You - Catherine Wheel (1)
8. Trip And Slide - Bleach (1)
9. Coast Is Clear - Curve (1)
10. You - 5:30
11. This River Will Never Run Dry - Moose
12. Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven - Family Cat
13. Don't Cut Me Down Mary Quant In Blue - Dylans
14. 0 0 AET (No Score After Extra Time) - Thousand Yard Stare
15. Grey Cell Green - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
16. Shoot You Down - Birdland (1)
17. Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers
18. Star Sign - Teenage Fanclub
Disc: 3
1. Metal Mickey - Suede
2. Duel - Swervedriver
3. Breakfast - Eugenius
4. Barfly - Superstar (1)
5. Regret - New Order (1)
6. Laid - James (1)
7. Kite - Heyward, Nick
8. Lazarus - Boo Radleys
9. You're In A Bad Way - Saint Etienne
10. Wow And Flutter - Stereolab
11. Tracy Jacks - Blur
12. Live Forever - Oasis (2)
13. Common People - Pulp
14. Speeed King - These Animal Men
15. Wallflower - Mega City Four
16. Insomniac - Echobelly
17. Sleep Well Tonight - Gene (2)
18. Sleeping In - Menswear
19. Alright - Supergrass
20. Alright - Cast (2)
21. Stutter - Elastica (1)
Disc: 4
1. In A Room - Dodgy
2. Girl From Mars - Ash (1)
3. Sale Of The Century - Sleeper (1)
4. Sleep - Marion (1)
5. Tattva - Kula Shaker
6. Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene
7. You're Gorgeous - Babybird
8. Slight Return - Bluetones (1)
9. Something 4 The Weekend - Super Furry Animals
10. Something For The Weekend - Divine Comedy
11. Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop
12. Service - Silver Sun
13. Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space - Spiritualized
14. Wide Open Space - Mansun
15. Step Into My World - Hurricane #1
16. Lucky Man - Verve
17. Untouchable - Rialto
18. Mulder And Scully - Catatonia (1)
19. You Don't Care About Us - Placebo (2)
20. Oh Jim - Gay Dad

Melvillain said...

Thanks for the Brit Box!

Anonymous said...

having gotten the Brit Box for Xmas I can say that it is very good. If that is what dog's bollocks mean. My UK to US slang dictionary is in the other room :)

mac said...

Brit my arse, Scot Welsh and Irish more like.
You can have suede and supergrass though.
Only codding, thanks for that mate.

Anonymous said...

mac ... when I went to school Scotland ,Wales and a bit of Ireland were in Britain. Has this changed ?

mac said...

Of course it has, most things you would have learnt in school have since been proved wrong. Except the troll language, that's still bang-on.