11 Nov 2008

"The sun slips down bedding heavy behind
The front of your dress all shadowy lined
And the droning engine throbs in time
With your beating heart"
I'm currently suffering from playstation post dramatic stress disorder, sitting for hours and finishing Bad Company and then being most of the way through on Brothers In Arms:Hell's Highway will do that for you. I kind of get playstation combat flashbacks whilst shaving, I think I need to buy some light and fluffy games so that I can rejoin society... well that's what I told them at work but they still made me go. Damn them!!!! Anyway it could be worse I suppose I could be working for a long stretch without a day off ... goes off and checks rota ...damn them!!!!!
I've rejoined MySpace I don't know why as I've only got three friends on there ... well two excluding Tom. A bloke I know from the days of following local ska Leg-ends Bigshot to Cherbourg & a bloke whom I used to work with from Wilkinson's who is kind of a shorter version of Kelly from the Stereophonics sort of a Lidl own brand lookalike really. Anyway I was bored the other day at work (a given really) when Chris called up on the company computer system how much money I'd made for the company for the last year, £127,000, I asked for a raise they said no, so I asked for a cookie they remained steadfast.... I'm not a very good negotiator. Some of my merchandising ideas were taken up and some weren't. Products placed in the store wherever I suggested and proved successful so I put forward the idea of a theme day. Being bored with speak like a pirate day I suggested a speak like Samuel L Jackson day... they said no.
I find that lately I have to write everything down or I forget it, I recently threw out a wad of paper scraps about a centimetre thick because my notice board was becoming unstable. In some far off day any future archaeologists whilst digging up a landfill somewhere will say "well, we learnt nothing about ancient man except he really needed to buy an external hard drive next pay day"
Anyway here's some music for you, firstly I've upped The Wedding Present - Watusi and Take Fountain. Then I've put up the tape that gave birth to Indie music (apparently) C-86


2 comments:

junioraspirin said...

Great stuff! Thanks a lot! Is the Big Flame track missing...?

Mike said...

Well spotted and it seems to be missing from my version too. I must have dropped it somewhere....