23 Apr 2009

"It's getting near dawn,
When lights close their tired eyes.
I'll soon be with you my love,
To give you my dull surprise.
I'll be with you darling soon,
I'll be with you when the stars start falling.
"
'The dream factory' (i.e. where I write this crap)

As you can see from the photo above 'the dream factory' is a mite untidy. Untidy desk tidy mind I was always told, so not wanting to prove people wrong... My laptop continues to be the workhorse as you can tell what with it being connected up to all my USB peripherals, several not shown as I was tidying up (can't you tell?) and had unplugged them. Basically this was me trying out new lenses for my D-SLR... playing some might say... with my new toys. I do love my gadgets and probably kept the economy going by myself for a few months as a result with all the spending I did. Maybe I should save up for a bit? I could get myself a hooker or two as I have been disappointed on my birthday for the last ooh let's say thirty nine of the last forty years not to have had a hooker bought for me or at the very least a topless brunette jump out of my giant cake. And this year was no different. At least I'll be able to bolt on another USB product from the hard drive I'm getting from my mate, thankfully this will give me somewhere to put the seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer I downloaded recently, freeing up several gigs on my laptop. I really am a nerd aren't I? I dare not even mention the four seasons of Star trek Enterprise I have ... oh dear. It was a strange birthday this year, I was the birthday boy and I gave away the goodies (not in a sexual way, although I was as willing as ever). I mean here I was with my one present, £10 and no sexual favours whatsoever and I gave away a dvd recorder and three Buffy DVD box sets I had lying around spare. Some big milestone, just another day really. I don't know why I get my hopes up as the wizened old bearded toothless hag downstairs always says, "expect nothing and never be disappointed" Once again the bastard's right. I shall remember this next year and when buying presents for everyone else could this be the start of my career of evil?... Nah probably not, it just means everyone else is getting book tokens from now on.
The downloads this post are Lost Property (link) which was a personal favourite compilation of mine. Then I'm going to give you the complete Half Man Half Biscuit Peel Sessions. Finally I'll give you Eek-A-Mouse - Wa Do Dem. Also by the time this is posted there'll be a new link for the Liberty of Norton Folgate (full album) .

14 comments:

Mike said...

Eek a Mouse - Wa Do Dem - http://rapidshare.com/files/225247030/EAM-WDD.rar
Half Man Half Biscuit - Complete Peel Sessions - http://rapidshare.com/files/225260195/HMHB-PS_-_Peel_Sessions.part1.rar
- http://rapidshare.com/files/225275154/HMHB-PS_-_Peel_Sessions.part2.rar
- http://rapidshare.com/files/225283274/HMHB-PS_-_Peel_Sessions.part3.rar
Madness - Liberty of Norton Folgate (Full album repost) - http://rapidshare.com/files/225301149/LibNor2.rar
Various Artists - Lost Property - http://rapidshare.com/files/225334390/VA-LP.part1.rar

Mike said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/225558907/VA-LP.part2.rar

Sorry forgot part two

Greg said...

Thanks for the Madness...been wanting to hear the full version! Any chance of a higher bitrate on any of the Madness stuff?

Anonymous said...

i was also going to request that of the madness box set,cd1,2,3 all to be upped again at 320 ,but i thought...dont push it.
but as your such a kind blogger,any chance of a 320?
thankyou lots inadvance

we the cheapskates

cheers again

U.N.C.L.E. said...

Greg... why don't you consider this download as a taster. If you want a better quality version, go and buy a copy. You know... how the artist makes some money, allowing them to go ahead and make a follow up!
Short arms, long pockets and all that!

Greg said...

Hey, do you by chance have the bonus tracks from Wonderful? Thanks!

Greg said...

I AM planning on buying this, to be sure...and if they put out a 2-cd version of the longer one, I'll choose that. But I haven't seen that listed anywhere, and I just don't have the scratch to spend $85 U.S. on the 3-cd, 1-lp version with all the accessories and pins and such, which I can do without. So, therefore, if the 22 song version ONLY shows up in this fancy-pants box set that I can't afford, I may need to only get the 15-track version, hence the higher-than-112k/s request.

Mike said...

Those wonderful tracks are a few posts ago. As for the higher rip rate on my posts U.N.C.L.E. puts it well I always look upon downloaded music as a 'try before you buy' service. That is why I have so many cds. I'm not here to make musicians any poorer by giving out a massively good quality product only to say 'here listen to this'. I'm only going to rip cds at 192kbps and only as mp3 as recently I've had a lot of emails for .flac .ape etc. Hope this clears that up.

Greg said...

I agree about needing to support the artist, and like I said, do plan to buy this, and hope they put out at 22-song version separate from the box (I can afford to and will buy the CD when it is released, but here in the US, it's like $80 to get the box, and I just can't afford an extra $70 for those 7 additional songs, as much as I'd like to.) I just asked about bitrate because the Folgate tracks vary from 113 to 132 kbps, variable, which is pretty low. 192 is fine by me and I don't think people need to post higher - I agree that if you want pristine quality, buy the CD (well, buy the CD anyway). Thanks! (Madness fan who has bought every album, and been supporting them since '83 or so).

Anonymous said...

I can't afford the shipping to the USA either. Is there any chance of uploading disc 3 on it's own? (I'm already downloading discs 1 & 2, and have ordered the 1 disc edition from amazon.com, just to give the band some deserved royalties). Let me know. Thanks.

Sam.

Mike said...

Disk three is posted one post previous, practice makes perfect.

dewialun said...

Nice blog
Been reading you for some time off and on
Seems our musical tastes are very similar so here's an album you won't have heard of before...see what you think
http://rapidshare.com/files/228035785/Houses_of_Joy.rar

Mike said...

Thanks I shall give it a listen.

Anonymous said...

As much as I like Madness, I'm a little miffed that they didn't consider a mid-tier CD consisting of the 22 tracks and nothing else for the standard 2 cd price. Paying $85 for 7 more songs is ridiculous and not all of us have that kind of money to burn in this economy.