15 Jun 2010

"A bunch of lonesome and very quarrelsome heroes
were smoking out along the open road;
the night was very dark and thick between them,
each man beneath his ordinary load."
 Well hello there, it's been a while hasn't it?  Been a bit busy what with working and being dead tired from all that bollocks.  To be honest I was thinking about stopping this blog altogether what with not being able to think of anything to write, (since when did that stop me?)  "So what's happened in the last few months?" I hear you ask.  Well I now have no Madness recordings and no cds or dvds by anyone whatsoever having sold them all for a few hundred pounds.  All my cds are now digitised and either on my iPod or hard drive.  I'm another year older and getting grumpier, although I think this is due to my work rather than getting old.  Note to cunt-stomers... I hate you.  Stop talking to me as if you think I care about what you are doing outside of giving us money for the product you just bought. Thank you.
In the next few weeks I'll be English up until the quarter finals and then I'll be Brazilian.  Yes, it's time for the world cup.  Luckily all the matches bar the opening one and one or two others are going to be an evening kick off so I won't miss many.  Also this time I have a brand spanking new 42" LG LCD TV (42lh3000 in case you are interested)  I know it's smaller than the 50" I was saving for but my Zombie landlord downstairs bought the same model and I decided it was big enough for the space I had.  But I've now rediscovered all my games in the resolution they were meant to be and started watching all my blu-rays.
The book writing is speeding along like a snail. I have several hundred more bits of paper and carry around notebooks and pens in all my different coats and rucksacks etc.  I must collate the stuff and find how much I've got so far.  It's just finding the time for all the stuff I want to do.
Still, It'll all come good in the end I'm sure.  I could do with a holiday to the north west of Scotland at a writer's retreat that I've spotted.  The only thing stopping me is the fact that you gather around a fire in the evening and read your stuff aloud and then do some dancing.  No thank you I'm English/Brazilian.  Although they used the Gaelic word for dancing which I had to look up.  I am worried about the fact that I may come back after a week or two speaking like William McGonnagal after all I did come back with a slight Brummie accent when I went for Army selection in Sutton Coldfield... for a day and a half.  The other thing that worries me is the fact that it looks remarkably like the Scottish Hotel in Little Britain.  


Anyway here's the music I've been enjoying of late.  Some Half Man Half Biscuit (Camel Laird Social Club  And ACD) and Sticky Fingers by the Rolling Stones. Links in the Comments.

7 comments:

Mike said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/399303795/HMHB_-_ACD.part1.rar ACD
http://rapidshare.com/files/399319152/HMHB_-_ACD.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/399320947/HMHB_-_CLSC.rar Camel Laird Social CLub

http://rapidshare.com/files/399332990/TRS-_SF.part1.rar Rolling Stones
http://rapidshare.com/files/399348553/TRS-_SF.part2.rar

inertiareel said...

Glad yr back mate...strangely enjoy your ramblings/insights..and yr tunes of course

Anonymous said...

Weh hey hey - Mickey's back today !!

Good to see you back matey

Walt Jabsco

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back!!!
Cheers, Joe

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again. Keep blogging!

john said...

Nice Cohen reference ...

More, please.

Mike said...

"john said...

Nice Cohen reference ...

More, please."

This is what happens when I leave my iPod on shuffle for the last six months